This is the last piece of food that made it into the birthday box. It’s… An orange! I’ve been slaving away with cleaning all day, so this is pretty late.
There will be no update next week. We have company coming that will be here all week long, but there will be an exciting update the week after that!
- I used medium brown and orange worsted weight
- G-sized crochet hook. It’s not the size that’s important so I’m not including a gauge. I crochet pretty tightly, if your stitches are looser you may want to use a smaller hook. The important thing is to make sure that the stitches are tight enough to hold in the stuffing.
- I used polyfiber stuffing, but any stuffing will do.
- Scissors to cut the yarn.
- A needle with an eye big enough for yarn.
- Safety pin, optional.
This is worked in continuous rounds. Use a stitch marker to keep your place and move it up as you complete rows. I use a safety pin and just put it through the last stitch of a round.
1) with brown, ch 6, join with sl st, sc in each ch (6)
2) with orange, 2 sc in each sc (12)
3) sc, 2 sc in next sc* around (18)
4) sc2, 2 sc in next sc* around (24)
5) sc in each sc (24)
6) sc3, 2 sc in next sc* around (30)
7) sc4, 2 sc in next sc* around (36)
8) sc in each sc around (36)
9) sc5, 2 sc in next sc* around (42)
10-11) sc in each sc (42)
12) sc5, dec over 2 sc* around (36)
13) sc over each sc (36)
14) sc4, dec over 2 sc* around (30)
15) sc3, dec over 2 sc* around (24)
16) sc in each sc (24)
17) sc2, dec over 2 sc* around (18)
18) sc, dec over 2 sc* around (12)
19) dec around, join with sl st (6)
finish off, sew closed, break yarn