This project took entirely too long, thanks in no small part to my constant having to frog and/or remake parts. There were also crochet-related injuries and glue frustrations. But it’s done.
I discovered my daughter playing with *my* coffee maker and decided to make one smaller and much less made with glass parts. 😉 Coffee is a rather large part of my creative process and apparently she’s noticed. *cough*
Setbacks aside, it came together pretty much the way I wanted it to. I used about half a(n empty) cereal box to support all of the flat bits. It was important to me (because it was important to my daughter) to make the filter basket removable so she could actually “make” the coffee. Velcro is my friend.
Also recently finished is this.
That’s “Lily the Octopus,” as my son called him up until very recently. I promised him to my son for reaching a certain milestone and he did, so I whipped up a green platypus.
Next up is going to be some fanart. For ME. I’ve been playing Borderlands 2 lately (it’s my new favoritest game) and I want to make one of the characters. So I will. And then I’ll be doing Little Red Riding Hood. And then… Everything is up in the air!